10.9.14

NEALS YARD | REJUVENATING FRANKINCENSE CLEANSER REVIEW

I remember walking through the souqs (markets) in Middle East and often spotting granules of Frankincense being sold for therapeutic purposes. My travel guide told me that Frankincense raisin is great for aromatherapy and is widely used in skin care as it has natural healing properties.  
Many people burn it in their houses as an incense for its calming effect & to lift away any negativity from the mood. I liked the sound of that but couldn't buy the little nuggets as I wasn't sure how to use it properly.






A few months later, I spotted Neal's Yard Rejuvenating Frankincense range and with high hopes, a cleanser was purchased. I was already aware of the benefits but the concern was that how would my skin react as sometimes organic products, no matter how exclusive are they, have a tendency of making your skin act in a funny way.


After a good few months of purchase, I can safely report  that Neal's Yard Cleanser has surely become my all time favourite product and I am constantly recommending it to people specially with sensitive skin. Currently, I am using my second tube. It is just like Liz Earle face polish and comes with a free organic muslin cloth to make cleansing easy and effective.






It is a two step cleansing cream which feels quite rich in consistency. Frankincense range from Neals Yard is well known for its age defying properties and if you are a fan of herbal organic fragrances, you won't be disappointed with this one.

According to their website the cream is,

'Enriched with firming and toning frankincense, antioxidant essential fatty acid-rich organic baobab and intensely moisturising organic cocoa butter.'


Luckily, its firming and toning properties make the cleanser ideal for those like me who are concerned about early signs of aging.




Simply rub it all over your face ( with or without make up) and gently massage it avoiding the eyes. Use the muslin cloth dipped in warm water and gently use it in circular motion to remove the cream. Repeat the process if you fancy a thorough cleanse.

Make sure you splash your face with cold water to close any pores.

I am an absolute fan of muslin cloth as I truly believe that a towel can never clean and remove dirt as thoroughly as done by a muslin cloth. If you are using skin polish or cleansing balms to reveal better skin, they simply super charge the whole process.

 It leaves the skin hydrated thanks to the lush addition of cocoa butter. In my eyes, it is a strong contender when it comes to face polishes considering the product does what it says on the tube.
I cannot wait to add more of this range in my skin care routine. 

Are you a fan of Neals Yard? 

2 comments:

  1. great post! thanks for sharing :) I'm in need of a new cleanser since my Elemis one just ran out. I love that this product has essential oils/butters to keep the skin hydrated.
    Also check my blog out for daily updates :)

    Shanna | http://www.mycurvesandlashes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Shanna. I love Elemis too. Its one the brands I trust my skin with.

      Regards. X

      Delete

A LITTLE WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT GOES A LONG WAY.